Meet Elise Maria Rudolfine KOOP, the wife of my 2nd great grand uncle. Which technically makes her my 2nd great grand aunt 😉
Here you can see her baptism record:
She was the middle child of in total five children born into the marriage of the brick layer Hans Joachim Friedrich Koop and his wife Wilhelmine Louise Henriette née KRUSE.
As you can from the record see she was baptized on August 19, 1883 in the church of Diedrichshagen.
In the same church she got confirmed into the lutheran religion on April 3, 1898. The record below is the according church record (highlighted in blue) – her father is stated as deceased.
On January 8, 1904 she married the worker August Heinrich Johann WARNKE from Kastahn, a village in the same parish.
As you can see, her day of baptism is given as birthday in the wedding record. As this is a secondary record always watch out for the primary record to verify a data you’ve found.
The couple had nine children born between 1904 and 1919:
- Werner Johann Hermann Christian, * March 26, 1904
- Paul Friedrich Wilhelm, * June 22, 1905
- Hans Hermann Richard Wilhelm, * July 1, 1907
- Bernhard Hans Wilhelm, * July 19, 1908
- Amy Dorothea Sophia, * September 17, 1909
- Mathilde Bertha Dora, * October 20, 1910
- Lisbeth Hertha Johanna, * April 21, 1913
- Richard Ludwig Martin, * August 22, 1915
- Olga Minna Emma, * October 3, 1919
This is the 1919 census record for the family:
Elise died on December 22, 1953 in Upahl and got laid to rest on the cemetary of Diedrichshagen where I found her gravestone: